Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Open poetry Night at the Red Herring in Duluth, Minnesota

http://duluthreader.com/articles/2014/10/23/4236_the_red_herring_open_mic_night

This article link above is about going onstage to present poetry after a 15 to 20 yr gap.  I honestly can't remember the last time I did poetry on a live stage.  I met Marguerite in 1993 which was 3 weeks after my daughter died in Madison, Wisc. at a poetry event.  I won an award online in around 2005 back when www.poetry.com was active, before LuLu took over.  I still have the silver medallion in my living room.  My cousin, Lynn, likes Amazing Grace coffeehouse and bakery in Canal Park where poetry is presented.  The Red Herring is an up and coming venue for Duluth poetry with a trendy atmosphere.  It has not been open that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment