Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Been broke, still broke but not broke enough to travel....

Legitimate bills, legitimate payments.  Money comes in, money comes out.  That's how it be.  This month, in addition to my $1700 a month bills, I had to buy 280.00 in return tickets and 340.00 in outgoing tickets.  So that's 620.00 in extra expenses.  I tend to buy one way tickets b/c it is cheaper.  In this case, the return tickets from Arizona were cheaper but the outgoing tickets to Calif. were not.  However, a lot of ppl pay like $500-700 round trip to cross the county at Christmas and I only paid 310. a person.  I am going to L.A. WOO HOO.  L.A. mon....karumba!!!!  We haven't had a dismal winter but it did come early.  It was 40 degrees today, practically a record in No. Minnesota.  This was a pretty good week for me becuz it was not high stress.  I have had diarreha 9 days straight.  I wonder if I got food poisoning or a virus.  I think I got bad meat from the Lutheran food shelf, sorry to say.  They also once gave me soup that expired in 2012 during 2014.  no good.  I hate to say it, but the Vineyard Church has a better organized more extravagant food shelf.  They even give full birthday cakes when its your birthday month.  The poor of Duluth really need that.  Its a true gift.  I only went to the Vineyard Church 3x this year.  2x it was when another teenager was residing in my house for four months.  I don't think of it as being a mooch although at times that is how I feel.  I can't make my bills sometimes and food is expensive these days.  Even after quitting gambling, my rent is 825. a month, car payment almost $400 a month (I pay twice a month now instead of every other week), car insurance $60, loans $200, student loan 9.99, cable phone and internet 140.00 and the list goes on.  Life can be tough but it is do able now that I quit gambling.

I could not give plasma today because I had a bruise where they took the needle last time.  After buying six dollars worth of gas and a minimum five dollar purchase at the store, I have six dollars left until payday on Thurs.  I have to give plasma on Tues and hopefully it will be a go.  I drank lots of water last night with the intention of giving plasma today and I could not give.  My bruise was only 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch.  They told us not to carry heavy objects after giving but I did .  I carried a medium sized TV downstairs that was donated to me after my client moved out.  Therefore, I paid a $50 price and some comfort that would have carried me through the week.  Luckily, Loran and I have just enough food in the house til payday and I don't wanna buy a ton more becuz we are leaving for 10 days to C-a-l-i-f-o-r-n-i-a.  Amen to that.  I am a freewheeling Californian in my heart.

Jon, Bob and I are going to take photo ops for our promotions for our radio show.  I will be going to Riverside County to see Laura and see a lot of other friends.  Peace out.

Link to food bank article at Vineyard Church

http://duluthreader.com/articles/2014/11/20/4391_the_huddled_masses

No comments:

Post a Comment