Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Silver Linings Playbook

Dedicated to Craig Albert Hoffman 10.4.59

Nikki--

Nikki-
she's not coming back
she went backwards to the railroad
tracks to find
another route
Nikki-
Nikki-
she found a gift and a song
a man who was stronger
an undeserved crown
Nikki-
Nikki-
she ain't who you thought
in the sparrow of your mind
she burned the kiln the full lot
you thought she was someone
a possession so true
a life giving ember
to extinguish your residue
Nikki-
Nikki-
it was someone
who taught
you
justice, peace
the knowledge of life
together in bondage
she revealed a curse
things held to your heart
were cherished but burst
Nikki-
Nikki-
I replayed your mind
away from the place
that severed the paradigm
the life unthinkable
apart from you
a destiny remade
by the work that you do

I breathed a new fiber

of devotion and wit
with only false hope
that I kept in a tight grip
to live fast, unnoticed
in measure, will come
to pace the course of my 
riches while my soul became undone
I garnered the arrow to the 
bullseye of fate
a twist and turn to fully swing
in your gaze
your wings of desire
fall off like feathers
pleading with pain
into the den of contention
Nikki
Nikki
she's ain't got no time
to understand what you meant
when your fist hit the ground
blood and loyalty
honor and sense
a second round of
blood and death
Nikki
Nikki
did you hear my warning?
my hands are sweating
I have faith in past
but it can wait til morning
did you read my letter?
as my tears flowed down
did you see the images?
in which I repaved the ground
Nikki
Nikki
don't let me go
I've lived past your memory
I want you to know
I can remember you fully
your eyes full of grace
until i felt the contempt
enough to separate.

No comments:

Post a Comment